Lack of information about why user is banned and no notification while unbanning

(Bartosz Pabijan) #1

Hello everyone,
I’m pretty new here, so if something was already explained and I didn’t find it, please guide me there :slight_smile:

1. A user was automatically banned by the system. I suppose it’s because he wrote his first post too fast and “auto block fast typers on first post” kicked in. The problem is that after opening Logs - Staff actions, I indeed have information about “block user” action, but no Details. Is there possibility to retrieve those Details and confirm my thoughts? And what are the user actions which may lead to his auto blocking?

2. While user was blocked, he received information as Notification and as Message. But when was manually unblocked by admin, he received only a Message. Any idea why Notification wasn’t sent?

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Sorry, I am not following. What do you mean “he received only a message”, every personal message generates a notification.

(Bartosz Pabijan) #3

Well, logically I thought the same, but he didn’t receive notification for being unblocked. On attached screen I compared his Notifications and his Messages.

//Edit: Forgot to add - the Discourse version is v1.6.0.beta11 +104. Maybe some minor issue there…

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Can you repro this lack of PM notification for being unblocked @techapj?

(Mittineague) #5

If it helps narrow things down, both worked when I tested this past April.

(Arpit Jalan) #6

I cannot repro this on latest version.

(Bartosz Pabijan) #7

Ok, so it seems that we need to update our Discourse version then. Thanks :slight_smile:

And what about my first question - checking why user was blocked?

(Arpit Jalan) #8

Okay, if the user is blocked by system, I will add the details in log. Added on my list. :pencil:

Determine why 'system' user blocked a human user?
(Bartosz Pabijan) #9

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

(Kane York) #10

Probably want to audit all calls to StaffActionLog* to make sure they always have a message