Lag/invisible text when typing new topic titles in Safari

(Francis Maria Regalado) #1

I’m really liking the Discourse forum experience so far, but a couple of my team members/fellow users encountered this weird bug that only happens when you start a new topic in Safari. All users are running the latest version of OSX Yosemite.

When you click on the topic title/subject field in the new topic window, the whole thing lags significantly when you type or even shift your mouse around. A couple of milliseconds later, the letters do appear but immediately vanish. The finished text only reappears when you click elsewhere. I had a programmer replicate the experience successfully on Safari (also on OSX Yosemite). Here’s what she said:

Something’s wrong with their code under html. Under input.

This is faulty
class=“ember-view ember-text-field requirements-not-met”

I think it just doesn’t display right away. When you click anywhere else like the area underneath the text, it appears. Look at this. The line is problematic.

input id=“reply-title” class=“ember-view ember-text-field requirements-not-met” placeholder=“What is this discussion about in one brief sentence?” tabindex=“2” type=“text” maxlength=“255”

I have zero coding knowledge, but I need to know if this is something you could fix on your end. Thanks!

(Sam Saffron) #2

This is old, you need to upgrade to latest

(Francis Maria Regalado) #3

We’re signed up for the cloud-based version of Discourse though. Where could I find the updates?

(Sam Saffron) #4

Are we hosting you, what site is this?

(Francis Maria Regalado) #5

We went through discoursehosting. It’s mybusiness.ph

(Sam Saffron) #6

You are going to have to ask them for support then, flag to reopen if you can make this happen on try.discourse.org or here

(Sam Saffron) #7