Latest -> New -> "view latest topics" shows blank page

(David Mohs) #1

Loading the page shows 6 topics for me (admin). If I click New, I see “You have no new topics” (expected). Then I click, “view latest topics” in that message and I see a blank page. Seems like a bug.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I am not following this at all, can you paste a screenshot?

(David Mohs) #3

Absolutely. Here are the steps in series.

1. Fresh load of the forum showing latest topics.

1. Click the New tab. No new topics (expected). On this page, I expect “view latest topics” to take me back to what I would see under the Latest tab.

1. Clicking that link appears to take me back to the Latest tab, but I see nothing. That doesn’t make sense to me.

This is a very minor bug, but still worth tracking.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Definitely a bug @eviltrout can you repro?

(Robin Ward) #5

I can’t reproduce this, but I just updated a bunch of code related to that this afternoon so it’s possible I fixed it by accident. @dmohs can you update to the latest discourse and try again?

(David Mohs) #6

I just grabbed 0.9.9.15. Same behavior. Chrome deb console doesn’t show anything useful.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

I agree, I can reproduce this too. I updated a customer site (not very active) to latest and the above repro works 100% for me.

(David Mohs) #8

If I may be so bold as to suggest a possible fix, you might consider removing the links from the text and update it to say, “Browse all categories or view the latest topics using the tabs above.”

Perhaps not ideal, but it would reduce the complexity of this (rarely updated?) code path and also encourage users to prefer the tabs for navigation.

(Robin Ward) #9

With @codinghorror’s help I was able to reproduce and squash this bug. The fix is in Discourse master right now:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/4366ae43d6f2a420b02b239c298470866b5620b6

(Jeff Atwood) #10