Latest revision: ":( Error while trying to load Something went wrong."

(Jan Philip Gehrcke) #1

I just updated to 5bd1dbd (from a revision from about four days ago) via /admin/docker. The update log said “success”. When accessing /login, however, I only got the error message

:( 
Error while trying to load latest.json
Something went wrong.

A click on the Sign In button led to the same error page. I then rebuilt the container. Now I get the message

Error while trying to load
Something went wrong."

when accessing /login. Note the missing latest.json. This time, a click on Sign In opens the login popup and I can actually log in, after which the forum is fully functional. The /login page, however, still looks broken. Note that this is a secret forum, i.e. login required is set to True.

Edit: the production.log and the unicorn*log look normal.

(Matches) #2

TDWTF is down with the same error,

Server Error: [missing {{code}} value]
while trying to load /latest.json
Something went wrong.

Paging @sam, @pjh, @codinghorror

(Robin Ward) #3

I just deployed fixes for the login page, can you try the latest?

(Onyx) #4

Note: Might be additional problems with TDWTF. Main site is now throwing a 503, don’t know if that’s due to Discourse integration or not.

Attempting to post throws a 504 at the moment. /latest, the last time I tried it:

(Matches) #5

Yeah, just going to what.thedailywtf.com is timing out, oddly, going to thedailywtf.com redirects to what.thedailywtf.com

Might be a different issue.

(PJH) #6

I was having similar problems earlier when trying to actually load Docker to see how far behind TDWTF was (currently sitting at 57fef68).

Docker was unresponsive back then, and I seem to recall getting an :( message on the main site but it went away after a refresh so didn’t note the code.

Then my tea arrived so didn’t look much further into it

(Robin Ward) #7

Are you guys on Digital Ocean? They are having some intermittent issues we are seeing with some support customers.

https://status.digitalocean.com

Shouldn’t that be, Sorry, Something Went Wrong.
SPTFY.

I’ve been getting this message:

<html>
<head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>
<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

(Onyx) #9

whois seems to think so.

No idea if it pulled the main site down with it though. @PJH, I guess you can’t try and disable Paula Bean?

(PJH) #10

… still is.

No idea. Only interface I have access to is the web one.

But see above answer. And /docker just returned with 504 nginx timeout

(PJH) #11

I found this somewhat amusing…

Yay browse a snapshot of a site that requires dynamic interaction to even be usable!! WOO HOO!

(Matches) #13

Since it appears to be unrelated to the OP, can you move all our posts to a new topic to not mess with the OP?

(Jan Philip Gehrcke) #14

Just rebuilt with the latest revision (2096861). Indeed, the issue is fixed. Thanks for the quick reaction.

I still want to use the opportunity to report that I am now user of Discourse for less than two weeks and already had two outages due to invalid commits. I know that we are still in Beta stage, but before the 1.0 release (which should happen soon, right?) it looks like there is need to improve the test suite.

(Robin Ward) #15

Have you seen our discussion about releasing post 1.0?

I’m not saying our tests can’t be better, they can, but you are living on the bleeding edge right now and we can’t guarantee that bugs won’t slip in from time to time.

For now, unless you enjoy helping us test and debug things, you stick to our (roughly) weekly version bumps that you should receive an email about. We are much more careful with those releases.

(Sam Saffron) #16

What was the bug here? Do we have a test to catch it in future?

(Matches) #17

Bug: Digital Ocean went down
Proposed Solution: Replace Digital Ocean

Or, for the OP, Latest revision: ":( Error while trying to load Something went wrong."

(Sam Saffron) #18