Level 3 requirements not taking flagged posts or suspensions into account

(Patrick Klug) #1

I have a user who is promoted to level 3. Checking the requirements shows this:

I know that the user has multiple flagged posts within the last 100 days. Is this value not being calculated at the moment?

I’d also suggest to require a level 3 user not to have been suspended in the last 100 days.

Flags are not being factored into trust level 3
(Mittineague) #2

What do you mean by “Banned”? Suspended?

(Patrick Klug) #3

yes, I meant suspended.

(Mittineague) #4

So instead of testing only for

must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)

have a “was suspended” check a well? Makes sense to me, though I think in most cases what’s in place would do, no?

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Bear in mind, we just fixed all the flagging controls about 3 weeks ago so we could consistently track flag disposition: agree, defer, disagree. So older flags might not yet have the data to indicate agreement by the moderator.

Totally agree on suspensions.

(Neil Lalonde) #6

Those flags must not have been “agreed” with by moderators.

I added a check for suspended users. They won’t qualify for TL3 anymore. :blush:

(cpradio) #7

If it was in the last 100 days or ever? Just curious, I don’t feel strongly about it one way or another.

(Jeff Atwood) #8

All TL3 criteria are in the last 100 days, except those that explicitly say they are not (e.g. the whole site must have a minimum number of topics).

(Jeff Atwood) #9