"Like" should feature much less prominently on user page

(Pekka Gaiser) #1

“Liking” a post shows up as prominently in your stream as any other action on the site.

That’s hugely distracting, and the profile is unlikely to be useful when you have a 300-page activity list consisting mainly of likes.

Also, as far as I can see, the markup doesn’t seem to provide the distinction between various types of events so this couldn’t be easily customized on the CSS end, either.

Suggestion:

• Add class names containing the event type
  • Condense “likes” massively - like so:

• Or even group them:

(Anthony Giovannetti) #2

This is a great idea.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Well, @eviltrout is working on some other changes to certain sub-tabs of the user page specifically Topics and Favorites, so alternate per-row rendering strategies could bleed in elsewhere at some point too.

We need Topics and Favorites to render a lot more sensibly first before this minor tweak of likes.

(Sam Saffron) #4

A year later … I got to say … I agree, we should make this change. Would help the user page a lot.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

You are not going to like my answer to this: the default stream on the user page should just be posts, or combined posts and topics. I switch it almost every single time I visit a user page, and often on my own… the combined All stream is kind of useless.

(cpradio) #6

I second this. I don’t really care to see likes in the ALL stream. If I wanted to see them, I can go to the Likes section.

I understand why they may have been included to begin with, but they just don’t interest me as much as the topics/posts do.

(Sam Saffron) #7

I am closing this, “All” only shows posts + topics and that has been working fine for now.

(Sam Saffron) #8