Link counter isn't updating

(Patrick Klug) #1

Seems that the first link in this topic here is stuck at a click-counter of 11177 and even though I see it increase when clicking on it, it’s back at 11177 when reloading the topic.

(Kane York) #2

The first link was 11177 when I clicked on it, after refresh: 11177.
The second link was 6113 when I clicked on it, after refresh: 6114.

So, confirmed. This seems really weird. Maybe an edge case with large numbers?

(Jeff Atwood) #4

On top of the bug, we also need to make it so that large number start summarizing on click counters, like other places:

1,500 → 1.5k
10,300 → 10k
156,529 → 150k

(Jeff Atwood) #5

OK, the shortening is now implemented, as per above. Try pulling latest and see.

(Patrick Klug) #6

That’s great but is the original issue solved as well? The new shortening feature makes it kinda hard to see since I can’t seem to figure out how I would see the detailed stats now.

I’d suggest to include the accurate click-count in the tool-tip, rather than just saying ‘clicks’.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

Yes the tooltip should contain the actual count, does it not @eviltrout?

(Kane York) #8

Nope —   

(Robin Ward) #9

Just added this in master:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/055b367e2bca0e6b47157c70a0cc8b584d701cde

(Patrick Klug) #10

ok, details are now shown but the original problem isn’t fixed yet:

First link still shows 11177 clicks in this topic:

There seems to be a new problem where clicking briefly changes the 11.2K to 12. Reloading the page brings it back to exactly 11177 clicks again.

Two bugs remaining:

1. Click-count isn’t increasing properly for this link.
  2. Clicking on a 11.2K link causes it to render as 12 for a short time.

(Jeff Atwood) #11

Yep hopefully @eviltrout can look deeper at this next week.

(Robin Ward) #12

I’ve just pushed fixes for these issues to master. If you update your instance the bugs should be fixed, sorry about this!

(Jeff Atwood) #13

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.