Linking multiple topics together

(Fellowship Forums) #1

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to link multiple topics to one master topic. Here is my example:

In our forum www.fellowshipforums.com, under Syllabus Material (the Category), it is organized into five objectives (the Subcategory). In each objective, there are say 10-15 topics which align to particular topics. Right now, there are some objectives that have the same topic names. For example, Objective 1 & 4 both have topics called [ERM-117-14: AAA Practice Note: Insurance Enterprise Risk Management Practices] due to this topic having to appear in both objectives.

Is there a way to make the Objective 1 topic the “master” topic and having any duplicate topics link automatically to this “master” topic? So that if a user click the Objective 4 topic called [ERM-117…] it will automatically link to the Objective 1 topic?

Thanks!

(Paula Kreuzer) #2

So you basically want one topic to appear in more than one (sub)category?
I don’t think that’s possible.

I believe the easiest workaround would be to have a main topic in one category and then dummy-topics in the other categories that are closed and just contain a link to the main topic.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #3

Another option is to use tags instead of sub-categories.