Loading more topics on Mobile devices in portrait orientation

(Ker Ruben Ramos) #1

Is this a bug or not yet implemented?

I tried scrolling down to bottom and I’m not getting the “Loading more topics…” feature of the site.

Tested on iPhone using Chrome and Safari.

(Sam Saffron) #2

mobile is not in our supported list at the moment, we are eagerly waiting on community contribution in this department.

see:

and:

http://meta.discourse.org/t/deliver-support-for-mobile-smartphones-as-soon-as-possible/661

(Ker Ruben Ramos) #3

I thought this was working before.

Thanks for the confirmation.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

I am able to load more topics just fine, on an iPhone 5 in landscape mode, here on the front page of meta.discourse.org

So I cannot reproduce this.

(Sam Saffron) #5

I have been able to reproduce in chrome in portrait mode zoomed out and safari portrait mode zoomed out.

So, yes repro, not supported.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Portrait mode is not going to be usable on our design, it is a wide design. So if that’s the case, just turn the phone sideways as God and Jobs intended.

So yes, scrolling down works fine to load topics for me in landscape (wide) mode and always has.

Also helpful to have a larger phone like iPhone 5 or ideally even bigger. Small screens are… the past.

(Sam Saffron) #7

I guess you are living in some sort of alternate reality, Mobile phone screen resolution

I very rarely flip my iPhone when browsing. Anyway, the official line needs to be “we don’t support mobile yet” cause that is the reality.

(Jeff Atwood) #8

You see, the future is already here Sam Saffron, it’s just not very evenly distributed.

Is the ghost of Steve Jobs going to tell me that I am holding the iPhone wrong when I flip it?

(Sam Saffron) #9

Possibly, his tweets are fairly cryptic.

(Ker Ruben Ramos) #10

I’ll just consider this “not supported yet”. I barely flip my phone because it’s on screen-lock mode.

(Jeff Atwood) #11

see

(Jeff Atwood) #12