Loading... stuck inside an iframe

(Justin Medoy) #1

We just started using discourse inside of an iframe on our site. When a topic gets more than 3 or 4 posts and a user scrolls down loading… is shown and never goes away. I can provide screen shots or any other info that may be useful. Are there any known issues with iframes?

(Robin Ward) #2

I am not aware of anyone using Discourse in an iframe at this time. I’m not surprised there are bugs as we haven’t battle tested that use case yet :frowning:

Would it be possible to run it without the iframe?

(Justin Medoy) #3

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately we need to run it inside an iframe. We were able to fix the issue by playing with overflow settings on the iframe element and by removing a custom max-height we had added.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Running Discourse inside an iframe is unsupported, so do it at your own risk!

(Naveen Aggarwal) #5
Running Discourse inside an iframe is unsupported

Will it be supported in future?

(Jeff Atwood) #6

:no_good: :rotating_light:

Discourse not shown in iframe
(Love Chopra ) #7

I am trying to use mouseflow.com to track my user behavior, with this we can see behavioral video recording of users to understand what they doing on the website, but the problem is it renders video inside a iframe and all video are appearing blank as discourse does not work inside iframe.
Please let me know how can I enable discourse so that it can run inside the iframe?