Login not work correctly

(Jacob) #1

I use LastPass to save my credentials. When my username and password are filled in automatically and I manually click “Login”, Discourse either doesn’t login me in or I have to refresh to be logged in.

This is happening on my site and it’s happening on try.discourse.org as well.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I don’t care that much about LastPass.

But tell me that it doesn’t work with the built in password storage mechanisms in IE, Safari, Firefox and Chrome and you will have my interest :smile:

(Bill Ayakatubby) #3

I use LastPass as well, and I don’t seem to have any problems (Chrome latest on Win8, Firefox latest on Win7). If you disable LastPass, does it work correctly?

(Michael - DiscourseHosting.com) #4

LastPass is very flaky software. It causes many problems in many applications. Kill it with fire.

(Bill Ayakatubby) #5

I’m interested to hear your experiences. I’m not affiliated with LastPass in any way, but I’ve been using their browser extensions for two years and they’ve always been great. That said, I’ve never used their desktop offering and can’t vouch for it.

(Ueih Gnad) #6

update latest Lastpass, maybe Lastpass couldn’t read your password field

(David Kobia) #7

Wanted to add that I’ve been having the same problem with 1Password as well. I don’t necessarily think its a Lastpass or 1Password problem – sometimes I have to manually log in multiple times for my session to register combined with a shift-reload. It makes me wonder if there’s some kind of caching/cookie issue?

(Jacob) #8

Yeah I don’t think it’s just with LastPass.

(Jeff Atwood) #9

If you are referring to “I just logged in but I get served a cached anonymous page” that is a totally different issue, cc: @sam

Im having the same problem with Google and Facebook logins since the latest version upgrade. This is a bug that needs to be fixed urgently :slight_smile:

(Sam Saffron) #11

what happens when you disable rack cache in your production.rb file?

I disabled it but still need to refresh with CTRL + F5 after login, to see that i am actually logged in.

(Sam Saffron) #13

I am working on a fix now, give me an hour

(Sam Saffron) #14

@steelmaiden please try

(Jacob) #15

@sam I’m definitely still having login issues on my site. Have to refresh multiple times to login. I’m running on latest.

(Ueih Gnad) #16

same here,please fix urgent,official Discourse has been affected

(Sam Saffron) #17

@illspirit @UeihGnad

Attempt #2, this should be working now.

(Jacob) #18

Working great now, thanks!

(Kane York) #19

Hmm, here’s a topic for a new thread - the closing timer should’ve been reset when @sam responded with a new fix. This is connected to the “issue tracker plugin” and the closing/archival of bugs pattern, so I’ll let someone else write the OP because I’m lazy :smiley:

(Sam Saffron) #20

This topic was automatically closed after 1 day. New replies are no longer allowed.