Logo suddenly got small with latest update. Could someone check my CSS?

My site is www.Retrogameboards.com

So, my logo got smaller all of a sudden. Here’s what I had under the CSS tab originally:

.logo-small, .logo-big {
max-height: 80px !important;
margin-top:-8px;
}

No matter what code I use to try to change the size, the logo will not get bigger. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Try adding this (in addition to your existing CSS)

.d-header #site-logo {
    height: auto
}
4 Likes

The CSS in your dark theme is setting a max-height to 2.5em

3 Likes

Thanks! That worked!!!

4 Likes

Had the same issue, and adding “height: auto;” worked, thanks @awesomerobot! We similarly had some CSS for max-height and margin-top and I had to tweak those slightly too but now all looks good :+1:

4 Likes

Hi there, so this worked perfectly since you provided the code (thanks again!).

But it just got small again in the mobile version of the site. I’m using a slightly modified version of the code you provided:

.d-header #site-logo {
height: 60px
}

This worked fine in both mobile and desktop until this morning, and continues to work fine in desktop right now. Should I switch the height back to auto? To be clear, this is the entire code I’m using for this. I deleted my old code to condense everything.

Thank you again in advance for the support.

Yesterday we fixed an issue where logos on mobile were overflowing their containers, which is why you’re seeing a difference there.

In your case specifically, it looks like there’s a lot of transparent space around the logo image. Previously this transparent space was actually overflowing (but it didn’t look like a problem for your logo specifically because it was transparent space). Now that we fixed the overflow, this space is why your logo is smaller.

So for example, if I remove some of that space from the logo image file

58%20AM

4 Likes