Mailing list mode not honoring unsubscribe topic

We have mailing list mode enabled for all the users in our forum. But when a user unsubscribes from a certain topic they are still getting notifications. Is it possible to make the system honor the unsubscribe user preference?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Mailing list mode means “send me everything, without exception” – I am not sure if topic / category muting is honored there, is it @sam?

(Sam Saffron) #3

Honestly, I am not sure as well, I doubt it is. If you want to be selective just watch the categories you want to watch.

(Mittineague) #4

The radio’s text would suggest mutes are honored

Enable mailing list mode
This setting overrides the activity summary.
Muted topics and categories are not included in these emails.

(Sam Saffron) #5

If the text is there it is probably happening :flushed:

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Well good thing we have that UI hint then — so to answer @skodali’s question only mutes will be honored by mailing list mode, so the user must be sure to turn muting on by topic or category.

Our users use the application only through email, so it is not possible for them to mute a topic or category on their own. But we will be launching the UI soon so that should help.
Another question, is it possible to get a notification when someone unsubscribes from a category? Or is it possible to add the category to muted list by default when someone unsubscribes from it? so that we know who all unsubscribed from a category.