Make a forum header look like the home page header

(Blu McCormick) #1

https://wethepeoplejournal.com/

What would you like done?
We would like our forum header to appear exactly as our home page header looks like on our wordpress site on desktop and mobile.

When do you need it done?
We don’t have the funds and are a small group. I am getting a sense of what this costs. Maybe we can fundraise to do this.

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
Zero right now, but if we know what good coders in her charge we will have an idea if it is doable to hire someone.

I am betting if other non-coders in here know what you all charge, they might be more likely to consider this option rather than tinkering themselves. :laughing:

Hi @McBlu :slightly_smiling_face: If you can come up with a mockup that fully illustrates what you want, I think we’d be able to determine a quote much easier. Consider aspects like: would the homepage header sit above the full forum or would it have to be integrated?

For example, would it look closer to this:

or this:

Aspects like that in a mockup are extremely helpful.

(Blu McCormick) #3

The second version. Thanks, tshenry. Someone in our town took the commission. How much would you guys normally charge for something like this? I see so many people like me in here who might be more likely to seek out and pay a modest commission for a tailored header if they have a sense of pricing. Do you guys have a range in mind depending on x y and z?

That’s pretty tough to say in general. It really depends on how complex the header project is and that’s not known until someone posts on the marketplace.

I can only speak for myself, but I can imagine some scenarios where it’s simple enough to not charge anything and others where it could be $200+.

I think theres no harm pitching a project on here and seeing what kind of bites you get. If the budget is too low to get any bites, I’ve often seen people chime in and say so.

(Blu McCormick) #5

That info, in itself, is good to know as some of us would be imagining being asked to pay $1000 for a simple header as we have no clue about pricing.

There are certainly things that come through the marketplace that are worth $1,000+, don’t get me wrong. There are just so many factors: the level of talent and efficiency of the coder, if there are deadlines, fixed vs. hourly pay structure, etc.

Anyway, the most I can say, from what I can tell, I don’t think that the header you are asking for would need to set you back $1000 :slightly_smiling_face:

(Blu McCormick) #7

Yeah, for sure. You get what you pay for, and I imagine the more complex you get with the header, the more it hurts to not have an experienced coder for all the reasons you mention. We are paying for your experience and knowledge as well as the product itself.

A basic price for a basic header might get you guys more sales in here is my thought as there are plenty of people who just want a few changes here and there who might choose to save themselves the hastle with a click on a paypal transaction button for a modest price.

Depending on how the header goes I’ll be sure to post it for people check out and use.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #8

I’d also like to point out that a matching header is a bit of a luxury for a young community such as yours. Your header styling is not going to make or break your community, so you might be doing some premature polishing here.

Once you’ve grown your network to 100 people you’ll have a very good chance of having someone with basic HTML&CSS know-how in your midst who can put together something Good Enough with the help of our tutorials.

(Blu McCormick) #9

Very good advice, Erlend. Hawk and Joe think the same and I really appreciate the feedback and encouragement.

(system) #10

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.