Manually implementing canned replies, how do i reply & delete in 1 step

(Carlo Kok) #1

I’ve implemented a .NET based tool that polls groups & does a canned reply to which customers can reply after just posting a new support/sales request. However the reply it does shows in the post too currently. Is there any way to make that reply “deleted” or “collapsed” some how so I on the discourse side it’s not so visible?

(Carlo Kok) #2

Related to this: We’ve officially switched email support to discourse now (That is, all support mails end up as discourse group messages).

(Wes Osborn) #3

What you might be wanting to do is make those “whisper” posts, if you’re using 1.4 or later, that post type should be available.

(Carlo Kok) #4

Actually I want the reverse. Whisper posts are NOT send to the user that posted this. I want posts that are sent to the user but aren’t visible/are hidden to me and the rest of staff.That, or get the “replykey” from a post so that I can end an email myself.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

We have too, so this feature is being actively dogfooded while @zogstrip builds it out. Mail support is being heavily revamped to support group messaging and inbox. Don’t hesitate to ping us here if issues come up as you use it!

(Carlo Kok) #6

Yeah I’ve been reporting issues for a while since we started trial testing this a few weeks ago and @zogstrip has been very fast at fixing it. The “invite” fix was the last thing we needed to get going, as canned replies is something I can do myself until it’s properly supported by discourse itself.
Very happy with this, nice work!

(Sam Saffron) #7

What you want here is somehow to get a custom CSS class on these posts, when we get to canned responses we will absolutely add a distinct CSS class on these posts, as it stands an awesome trick you can use is to have all the canned responses come from a single account, then give that account a primary group, then … Tada… You have a distinct CSS class to work with