Marking a "bug-fix" flag as resolved

(Huon Wilson) #1

There was a typo in this pinned intro post, which was brought to our attention by someone flagging it with a ‘custom’ flag. The typo was fixed, but we are unsure about the correct way to mark the flag as “resolved” (i.e. no trust penalties at all, and maybe a small bonus for the flagger).

The 4 responses I can see are:

• agree
  • disagree
  • defer
  • delete

but none of those names (or their descriptions) seem appropriate. Furthermore, my reading of this implies that ‘agree’ and ‘disagree’ may cause inappropriate changes in users’ trust (e.g. agreeing would dock trust from the user who submitted the post with the typo1, disagreeing would dock it from the user who flagged). I note that that post is quite old, and so may be out-of-date.

I also read over another thread2, but it’s not 100% clear how that relates to the current implementation.

1 In this specific case, the submitter is ‘system’ and so is presumably unaffected by any trust penalties (so clicking ‘agree’ seems like it would work), but it would be nice to know the general solution.

2 301 Moved Permanently (hit the 2 links-per-post limit, sorry).

Notification when a moderator or admin deletes your message
(Jeff Atwood) #2

The trust calculations only matter on the target if the post is hidden. A post being hidden implies there was some problem with it.

So it is safe to just “agree” with the flag in this case, clicking Agree produces this dialog:

I guess we should add the ellipsis … to make it clearer on those buttons that further response is necessary, simply clicking the button alone doesn’t take action.

(Huon Wilson) #3

Thanks so much!

I agree that indicating that there’s additional actions hidden behind those buttons would be a useful improvement.