Mass Move Topics?

I searched around a bit but did not find an answer…Is there currently a built-in function to select multiple topics and or all topics in a category so that they can be moved to another category?

I see that you can select topics but can you “select all” and can you move them?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

(Kane York) #2

Use the “bulk topic select” on a topic list, then click the wrench that appears and choose “Change Category”.

Thanks…I see that a wrench appears after I select more than one topic but unfortunately it does so underneath “Activity” and I can’t seem to click it…Am I missing something here or is this a bug?

Also, it would be nice if the wrench appeared as soon as you went into bulk select mode instead of after selecting a topic.

Update…I see if I scroll down the wrench moves as well but it fades away and I’m still unable to click it… :frowning:

(Kane York) #4

You’ll have to make your browser wider to click on it, it seems…

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Do you have custom CSS here that is interfering?

Thanks for the tip…I have an older 13" macbook pro and I was able to click on the wrench after minimizing my chrome browser window.

Thanks for chiming in, Jeff. Not that I know of (I’m currently using DiscourseHosting), I’ve only changed the color scheme. It appears the issue is my old MBP’s resolution of 1280 x 800, when my browser window is maxed, the wrench appears under the “Activity” column and I’m unable to click on it (unless I make the window smaller in this case).

On a related note, is there currently a way to select all?

(Bcguy) #8

I’m confused on this. I need to move all the old topics from my old “Lounge2” category to my new “Lounge” category.

When I go to the current lounge category - there is no wrench option. How do I get this to work in the Lounge category?

(cpradio) #9

You have to click the then select the topics, then the wrench icon appears (IIRC)

Ability to merge users
(OLAWALE ALABI) #12

Ok boss…I can see “Select All” and the wrench…supposed am having 1000s posts under that category, would this select all the topics or just the ones that are “viewable” per time?

Thanks.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #13

Select all will select all topics that have been “loaded” by the DOM. So it will likely be more than what’s actively on your screen, but not all 1000+ topics in the category.