Mass unmute - is it possible?

(Tim) #1

Does “Dismiss” mark all dismissed topics as muted?

I imported 10k+ messages into a new Discourse and needed to mark the legacy threads as read, and used “dismiss” to do it. (Other users did this, too, on their own.)

Now I’m missing lively threads - and I’m the only admin/moderator at this point.

Can I unmute everything? Have searched here to know avail.

(Sam Saffron) #2

Absolutely not…

In unread it either moves all topics back to “normal” or leaves them in whatever state they were depending on checkbox.

For “Dismiss new” it makes not changes to topic tracking state.

(Tim) #3

So they may have come in muted at import?

Not much info to be definitive, I realize.

Any way to mass unmute muted topics?

(Sam Saffron) #4

Let’s start here… go to user prefs on you site and click “Show muted topics” do you have any?

(cpradio) #5

If you are staff you can use a link such as (the below URL is what the “Show muted topics” link does in your profile)
latest?state=muted

Click on the menu icon near the topic listing header, and select the topics you want to alter, then click the wrench icon and choose “Change Notification Level”

(Tim) #6

I have dozens - infinite scroll makes it hard to determine exactly how many.

On mobile now, harder to do some stuff.

(Sam Saffron) #7

Did you actively mute any of them or is this something your import script did?

(Tim) #8

I didn’t mute anything by hand - that is, individually.

I did mess with settings for categories in personal preferences but didn’t ask for anything to be muted.

(Sam Saffron) #9

Do you have any muted categories? Did you have any muted categories?

(Tim) #10

I may have muted one category - I don’t think so - but the muted posts are in all categories.

(Sam Saffron) #11

That sounds like a possible issue in your import script.

You could do a “full reset” on your forum if you wish and set every topic that is muted to “normal” using a query. But would recommend discussing it with your users first.

Missing topic from category page
(Tim) #12

Thanks - will read up on that.

User original registration date is not being respected. Big game last night and longtime posters were treated as first-day folks and limited in posts.