Mathjax plugin install instructions?

(Prasad Chalasani) #1

There are a bunch of threads about this, but nowhere is it clearly stated exactly what I need to do in order to make this plugin visible as an option when I go to settings. I have the latest discourse version.
Can someone post or point me to instructions on what to do, starting from the point where I ssh to my discourse server?

(Mark McClure) #2

I think that the old MathJax plugin has stopped working with the switch to the new MarkDown processor. However, there is a new, officially supported math plugin. I recommend going with that, though it is still under some development, I believe.

To answer your question directly, though I believe that the MathJax plugin settings aren’t located in quite the standard location namely the Plugins tab of the admin interface. You can see that the settings are missing on the right of this picture:

You can find it at the bottom of the Settings tab:

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

You want this:

It’s installed like any plugin.

(Prasad Chalasani) #4

Sorry I’m not discourse ninja, so “it’s installed like any plugin” means very little to me :slight_smile:

Yes I did find that thread, and it seems like all I need to do is add this line:

- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-math.git

to the containers/app.yml file at the appropriate place (under hooks:)

and rebuild the whole thing using

./launcher rebuild app

(Jay Pfaffman) #5

Sorry, but that’s a simple search to do, but not that easy to do and copy and paste from a mobile device, so I figured you could figure it out.

And I was right. :slight_smile:

(Prasad Chalasani) #6

Yes it now works, thanks!