May I search my own bookmarks?

(Tarak'ha) #1

Just realized I am a bookmarking fiend. Everyone has a lot of knowledge I like to catalog to refer back. But nearing 100 bookmarks made me realize it is difficult to search within that list.

I pulled up the search help card and didn’t see anything in regards to using an option (eg, in:bookmarks) for this.

(Apologies if this answer is obvious, but the search help card didn’t turn up anything in relation to what option I need.)

(Mittineague) #2

Is this any help?

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Don’t we have this search term @sam?

(Tarak'ha) #4

It is not and it is where I always go to currently to peruse my curated list. I am at around 80 bookmarks as of writing this reply. I cannot use my eyes alone to do a search that would better be used for the forum’s search function.

(Tobias Eigen) #5

When I am on my bookmarks page, it would make sense for the search to be filterable by “search my bookmarks” instead of “search posts by @tobiaseigen”.

(Tarak'ha) #6

Was gonna say! I saw that when I clicked for search. I do notice, however, it changes depending on if I am viewing a profile, a topic, ect. So I don’t want to mess with it. I like the proactiveness of it. Unless you mean adding a extra context when I visit my bookmark page? In that case, I am all for it!

Methinks an option (in:bookmarks) would be best suited. Something tells me it already exists in core somewhere, just not documented on the help card. (Which is okay, all is fair in love and development)

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #7

Not sure if there was a mini-announcement somewhere, but exactly this appears to be possible now.

(Tarak'ha) #8

Yes! I even gave a shout-out in a comment on the actual commits. I tested the new search filter option and it works like a charm. :ok_hand:

(Jeff Atwood) #9