Missing translation keys for group "everyone" and "trust_level_0"

(Gerhard Schlager) #1

There are already a few translations with key groups.default_names.
However, there currently exists no key for the groups “trust_level_0” and “everyone”.
Could you please add those and use them in group.rb?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I believe this one is for you @sam.

(Sebastien Miquerolle) #3

We also have the key for ‘moderators’ but its not used.

(Gerhard Schlager) #4

I’ve sent a pull request for this.
https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/2767

“moderators” is used, so’ve just added “everyone” and replaced “trust_level_5” with “trust_level_0”.

@techAPJ Could you please add some instructions for translators in Transifex to the keys starting with groups.default_names? It looks like that the restrictions for usernames apply to those group names as well (min/max length, allowed characters, …)

@sam While browsing the code in order to create this fix I’ve stumbled upon line 111 in category.js (which you added). Just out of curiosity, what’s the deal with this group named “crap”? :wink:
https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/app/assets/javascripts/discourse/models/category.js#L111

(Sebastien Miquerolle) #5

The key: groups.default_names.moderators is translated in Transifex a year ago and still display moderators

version: a3863b5

(Gerhard Schlager) #6

That’s because “modérateurs” is not a valid group name. Currently all group names must adhere to the same rules as usernames in order to be valid. UsernameValidator is used for those checks which allows only names consisting of A-Za-z0-9_.

That’s why I asked @techAPJ to add instructions in Transifex.
Maybe @sam can tell us why those restrictions even exist…

(Sam Saffron) #7

I wanted to leave the possibility of @mentioning groups so I wanted the same rules we apply to usernames to apply to them.

(Sebastien Miquerolle) #8

Well, I added a comment in transifex on all key in the subgroup groups.default_names.