Missing translations for "activerecord.errors"

(Gerhard Schlager) #1

When I try to reset my password I get the following error:

Password translation missing:
de.activerecord.errors.models.user.attributes.password.too_short

I’ve looked in the German and English locale file (server.en.yml) and it seems like this key is missing in both files.

Non-existence of strings in the source code
(Neil Lalonde) #2

We don’t need to have english strings for those because they’re built into rails… but we do need them for other languages. Maybe we should add a gem like rails-i18n.

(Gerhard Schlager) #3

Here’s another one when I go to Admin -> Customize -> User Fields and try to create a field with a blank name.

Name translation missing: de.activerecord.errors.models.user_field.attributes.name.blank. Description translation missing: de.activerecord.errors.models.user_field.attributes.description.blank

This should really get fixed if it’s a quick fix.

(Sam Saffron) #7

@techAPJ can you look at adding all the missing translations into the en file so people have an easier job translating?

(Gerhard Schlager) #8

I’m sorry for bringing this up again…
Can you add that gem in order to fix this or what’s the plan for adding those translations?

(Neil Lalonde) #9

@sam mentioned adding all the built-in activerecord.errors translations to our own en yml file, and I suggested the rails-i18n gem. But I agree with @sam now. I see a pull request to add a new language to that gem was submitted in December but still hasn’t been merged or commented on. We’d better add the translations to our own yml files. @techAPJ can you look?

(Arpit Jalan) #10

Okay, we now have translation keys for Rails error messages:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/3177

(Arpit Jalan) #11