Mobile topic view scrolls, titles format poorly

(Sol) #1

and it would be great if could also put the star icon next the topics in the normal topic list view on mobile :slight_smile:

(Sol) #2

My picture was shown before my first edit?! How to include it so that it will be displayed directly? I am using the mobile view.

(Dave McClure) #3

put it on its own line

(Sol) #4

Thank you for the tip. Is this how it should work? So is this a feature so that you can decide if it will be a link or picture or should someone “fix” This behaviour? :slight_smile:

(Dave McClure) #5

That’s how it works:

(Sol) #6

I think I about educating my user because on mobile you do not naturally make a new line after a link :wink: and thank you for your patience with me :slight_smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #7

This is another reason why I want categories to go below the post titles, for the record. (within the topic only, topic list is a different discussion altogether)

(Sol) #8

Does anyone also has the problem that you can move the page a little bit left and right on mobile view? (Note 3 with Chrome / 4.4.2)

(Gerhard Schlager) #9

Yeah, I can see that too. Same OS / browser on Nexus 5.
There’s even a horizontal scrollbar visible when I scroll vertically.

(lid) #10

I can replicate it on nexus 4 , chrome, portrait
Topics container can be move slightly left or right

(lid) #11

@codinghorror , I am not going to send css PR. feel free to review and submit a pr.

This should fix the overflow reported

.topic-meta-data {
   left: 0px;
}

(Jeff Atwood) #12

Great find @lid I will change that now. I couldn’t figure out which element was too wide!

(Sol) #13

Great that you could fix that :+1:

(Jeff Atwood) #14

Speaking of, how did you tell which element was too wide? I see this a lot on mobile. What tool did you use to find the wide element?

(lid) #15

By drawing a boundary which does not interfere with the box render size.

Run this in console

$("*").css({
  "box-shadow":"inset 0px 0px 0px 1px red"
})

(lid) #16

And if fancy is what you are after

You have to identify the correct container element first. and it will highlight all the offending elements

identify_overflow_elements($("div.container.posts"),false);

(Jeff Atwood) #17

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.