Mobile Users Keep Getting Redirected due to ads

Since yesterday, the mobile users on my forum, forum.shanniiwrites.com, are being constantly redirected to weird “you have won” websites and I have no clue why!

When I try it either on my phone browser or the Discourse Hub app, I get redirected instantly to a website called loompasplace. I have an iPhone. One of my moderator’s phones is a Huawei and it blocks redirects on the Hub app a few times a second.

It happens specifically when they go to posts, not private messages, and it started yesterday with only the “Welcome to the Forums” post. Now it’s spread to the rest of the forums.

Is this a common issue? Is there any way to stop it? I’m quite new to this so I’m not great with all the techy stuff

Likely related to ads you’re running. I suggest disabling them to see if that helps.

2 Likes

Thank you. I don’t seem to be getting any issues since I disabled the ads, but I do use ads to help the forums pay for themselves. Is there anything that can be done to keep them on without the constant redirects? I’m using AdSense

You would need to contact your ad network about that.

3 Likes