"Moderation History" not showing the moderation history

(Biscuit) #1

I set a topic timer to automatically close a topic tomorrow. Later, I noticed someone else must have turned that topic timer off.

I checked the “Moderation history” on the topic and referenced the logs, but neither mentioned the topic timer being turned off. The moderation history for that topic says “There is no moderation history”

If “Moderation History” doesn’t show the “Moderation History” then i’m unclear what that option is for? Does it need to be extended to capture moderation actions?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Perhaps the naming could be better @eviltrout as this has to do with flags, not every action staff could take relative to a topic.

(Biscuit) #3

ahhh… does that mean there’s no way for me to identify who made the change?

(Robin Ward) #4

The goal was to add other stuff to it too, though! It selects staff action logs, and I’d like more events to be in there.

(Mtan) #5

Have this same question. We are editing posts title but it’s not showing on mod history. How do we enable this?

(Rick) #6

Similar question… when a post from the Needs Approval bin gets approved by somebody, how does another moderator find out who did the approving? We need to be able to ask that person about their logic in making the approval. But the person doing the approving is not shown in the Moderation History.

(Sam Saffron) #7

@xrav3nz I recall you worked on the approval queue in the past, is there any way to tell who did the approving ?

I think there is none but I am not sure.

(cpradio) #8

Sure there is. :slight_smile: It gets logged… whether it is easy to access though is a different question

Yes,

• there is approved_by_id / rejected_by_id on the record itself
  • and there is the staff action log @cpradio mentioned

Moderation history shows staff action logs with certain types, and it can be extended with post_approved.

I took the liberty to PR since I was already in the relevant files