I spent a few hours cleaning this up.
After my current checkin moderators are granted ALL of the permissions admins have except for the following:
- Moderators can not change site settings
- Moderators can not change site contents
- Moderators can not customize a site
- Moderators can not view the API key or generate one
- Moderators can not see the “health check” for the server
- Moderators can not “force a browser” refresh
- Moderators can not assign “moderator” status or revoke it.
EVERYTHING else is allowed by moderators, you can read a PM stream of a user, handle flags, view real emails, edit profiles, close/archive and delete topics
Internally we have a bit of a terminology issue I would like us to resolve, when doing permission checks we talk about:
- The “admins”
- The group of users that are either “admin” or “moderator”
- The “moderators”
I have no idea what to call group number 2 but I would really like a singular name we can use in code, cause at the moment its kind of crazy that User#moderator? denotes that group.