Moderators cannot @mention in groups

Seems that none of our moderators can @mention a group, the autocomplete shows only usernames. We have “Only moderators and Admins” selected under " Who can @mention this group?" for all of our groups

1 Like

Hey Bill,

Can you please confirm - are these users moderators site-wide, or category moderators?

1 Like

Moderators side wide, I’m not aware of a configuration to have them moderate on a specific category tbh

Per-category moderators are a relatively new feature, I asked as they don’t have the same rights as those who can moderate site-wide.

Can you confirm which version this instance is running? Are you on tests-passed?

Can you give me some instructions on where to check for that please?

The version number is visible on /admin, there’s also a <meta> tag in the <head> of every page like this:

<meta name="generator" content="Discourse 2.5.0.beta2 - https://github.com/discourse/discourse version b8b29e79ad5341ee5a3c533b990434cc4feb42b3">

If you have access to the server over ssh the version is specified in the yml. Look in the params: block for a version:. It will either be tests-passed (recommended) beta or stable.

meta name=“generator” content="Discourse 2.5.0.beta2

Just to confirm, is it only moderators who can’t mention groups?

Has an administrator tried for example?

yes for admins it works

Just while I’m looking at this, do you know if the site has any plugins installed?

Are the moderators in question visible on the /about page?

3 Likes

Moderators are visible in the about page. These are the installed plugins

[discourse-adplugin]
[discourse-affiliate]
[discourse-akismet]
[discourse-cakeday]
[discourse-chat-integration]
[discourse-github]
[discourse-logster-transporter]
[discourse-math]
[discourse-patreon]
[discourse-prometheus]
[discourse-rss-polling]
[discourse-solved]
[discourse-spoiler-alert]

1 Like

Any updates with this one?

I wasn’t able to reproduce the problem using the above configuration and we’ve not seen any other reports. Is this instance publicly available? You can share a link via PM if you don’t want it linked here.

2 Likes