Monitoring Moderator Activity

So, I’m tasked with keeping an eye on the moderator’s stats. Currently, our stats show in truncated formats (6.8k instead of 6,800) leaving a lot of room for error, especially as the numbers get bigger. Is there a best practice for monitoring activity of users and seeing how active they are on a period over period basis? Thanks in advance.

(Mittineague) #2

You mean something like “How busy has the Discourse Team group been here?”

https://meta.discourse.org/groups/team

(Jason Kirby) #3

I think he is referring to tracking posts, topics, likes, and more via the moderators profiles to track how active they are each week and logging that data.

Correct. I’d like to track on an individual level on a WoW basis. How many posts have they made? How many topics have been created? etc etc.

(Daniela) #5

Have you tried https://meta.discourse.org/u ? You can set a timeframe and search for users. BTW the most active users are always in the top page.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #6

You should be able to get the exact stats by hovering over the number with your mouse. If you find a stat where this does not work, let us know.

That’s perfect!

As a follow-up question, I’m looking at my own stats as an example. It says I have 12 posts (which I think are replies), but I know I’ve replied way more than that. Is there a way to get a more accurate count?

That’s exactly what I need! Is there any way to look at custom time intervals?

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #9

For custom time intervals you’d need to use the Data Explorer Plugin.

Perfect! Thank you so much.

Any reason why the stats don’t match up though? I’ve posted a picture of my lifetime stats, but it only shows 2 replies?

(Andy Logan) #11

You just need to adjust the pull down, it defaults to the last week:

55 PM

I made it bigger, but that’s all time. I know the replies and hearts received are wrong.

As a follow-up, when I go to my replies, here’s a screen cap of a random bunch that totals more than what is shown in the stats :sweat_smile:

(Daniela) #14

Stats are not in real time (from what I know). They are updated when the proper job runs on sidekiq.
This is the job for the about page stats (maybe):

It runs every 2 hours. I don’t know if this job controls the users stats in the page /users too.
Many jobs like this are scheduled and run every X hours.

I’ve just hit a month in my current role, so even if it’s only updated every few hours, I should have hundreds of replies.

(Jeff Atwood) #16

In public topics? I doubt these stats include PM replies.

Sorry for the delay. The majority of my replies would be public. Occasionally a topic will be removed, moved, or I’ll reply via private message, but I don’t feel like the numbers are an accurate reflection of my activity.

(Mittineague) #18

Is the site running any third party plugins that might possibly be intercepting the normal processes? Are error logs clean?