Moving a single post topic leave around the stub

(Sam Saffron) #1

Repro:

• Create two one post topics
  • Move the first post in the one post topic to the other one

Result:

And

Instead, if you move all the posts in a topic to another topic, we should just auto-delete the original. No point leaving the stub around for that case.

Bonus.

You should not be allowed to move post #1 unless you select EVERY post in the topic.

(Mittineague) #2

Yes, we reported this months ago. Something along the lines of “Moving OP doesn’t move but copies”.

I don’t remember where that one went or if traction just fell away amidst everything else that was going on at the time.

It doesn’t happen all that often, and when it does the original single-post topic can be deleted.

IIRC there was something quirky about the branch link, but as it was so long ago I don’t remember exactly what the quirkiness was.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Yeah this is basically all by design. Though I agree if there is only the first post and no replies, the behavior should probably be different. No bugs here.

Moving a topic post to a post on another topic duplicates the post
(TechnoBear) #4

This topic, I believe:

(Robin Ward) #5

I have heard complaints about this from New Relic too. I think we might need to revisit some of the edge cases as it seems to have hit the threshold for CDD from multiple sources.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #6