I had an odd experience where a user posted a topic that really made more sense as a post on the end of an existing topic.
So I moved it, in doing do it seems a new post was created with the existing topic post’s content but the existing topic was left as is, with the exception of the notice post stating “I moved a post to an existing topic”.
These are the steps that lead to the problem.
###Steps to Reproduce
- Create new topic - completed by normal user - note this topic has no replies (admin completes remaining steps)
- Select wrench from top right
Move to existing topic
- Find and select topic
- Existing topic to be removed
- Post to be created under target topic with existing “likes” still applied.
- Existing topic still exists
- New post added to existing topic indicating
I moved a post to an existing topic
- Target topic has duplicate copy of original topic post
- Copy of original post has no likes.
Not sure if this is a bug or support request…
… as this was unexpected outcome for me - but really don’t know if this is “by design”.
“Moving” to me indicates either a “copy” and “delete” or a “change of location” where the item can’t exist in two places at the same time.