My PM inbox shows gray 1 after I write message to someone

(Anton) #1

Not sure if it quialifies as a bug, but to me it looks like an undesired and unexpected behavior.

After writing a new message in a PM thread and then switching to my inbox list, a “1” is shown in a gray circle.

(InvincibleYT) #2

Yes I have been getting this issue, to remove it just click on the topic! I guess it’s because you were not at the bottom of the topic while writing a post, then you haven’t read it. But you have already viewed the topic which makes it grey insetead of blue. Idk if this is true, but that’s what I think! :smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Yes, correct, grey means unread but not new (these posts existed in the topic the last time you visited). Blue means unread and new.

(Anton) #4

So needs to be fixed?
First, there is no counter in front of the topic, then it appears after I post a message - not what one would expect.

(Sam Saffron) #5

Yes its a minor bug.

We should treat your posts as “unconditionally” read and not rely on read time tracker to mark it read.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Not a bug until we have repro steps, and I cannot repro this.

(Sam Saffron) #7

I am pretty sure it requires a very very bad internet connection, or impeccable timing.

(InvincibleYT) #8

I have tested something on our forum, if you open a reply and scroll up in the topic while still being in this “reply” mode, and then reply, it will do this.