My site page load slow I have no idea

(Cobe) #1

My site load slow,

I have set CDN, my vps is ubuntu 14 runs on Linode.

my users tell me that my page load slow ,very slow, when initial.
I find that it takes a lot time to look up dns. and some js or css need 10s +

I don’t know weather my site open gzip.

http://bbs.tuanzll.com

my anther site runs well ,write by python. http://www.tuanzll.com

some test WebPagetest Test Result - Asia (Singapore)... : www.tuanzll.com - 10/09/14 04:42:51

How to add a loading page, some like Gmail?
(Jeff Atwood) #2

How did you install Discourse? Did you use our official guide and the Docker install?

You have to manually recompile kernel on Linode for this to work.

(Cobe) #3

I followed this instruction discourse/INSTALL-digital-ocean.md at master · discourse/discourse · GitHub

So the only think I need do is just re-install discourse?

(Cobe) #4

manually recompile kernel

do you means recompile linux kernel? do you have any post tells how to recompile ?

(Sam Saffron) #5

Define slow.

How does first load compare to

and

Can swap file cause delays?
(Cobe) #6

###what is slow
first time visiting, it takes about 5-7 seconds , I think that is slow, absolute.

###Does it relates with linode kernel? or It should be that slow
as @codinghorror said, I have to recompile kernel of ubuntu on Linode. Well ,I do not understand what he means, and I still don’t know how to do. For now, you mention these two post, can you tell me theloading speedis of course so slow? I do not find any solution from these two posts, maybe just the mistake made by posters ?

###my guess

1. the static source like js/css , should load at last ?

(Sam Saffron) #7

This is exactly what you get on meta. First visit is slow its just the nature of the app we have. We are focusing on improving this for the next release.

(Jeff Atwood) #8

What I mean is that Linode doesn’t have the correct kernel support to use AUFS with Docker, and may revert to “device mapper” mode in Docker, which we’ve seen tons of weirdness with.

I’m not even sure how you installed Discourse on Linode unless you recompiled the kernel, since it is marginally compatible with Docker, at best, without that. Try searching for Linode and AUFS to see what you need to do.

(Cobe) #9

Well , thanks for your tips.
I will try it later.

(Cobe) #10

well, ok , thank you.

(Luke Larris) #12

Good to hear! :thumbsup: Excited for the next release.