Navigation to non-topic pages ends up too far down the page

Recently, when clicking on various navigation controls (i.e., a badge on a user card, red flag bubble above the hamburger menu) I go to that page, but I’m scrolled waaaaay down the page below any actual content. It looks like discourse is still working on building the view or something, and then I realize there’s no spinner or anything so I scroll back up to the top.

This is a fairly recent thing, but it’s very annoying.

(Sam Saffron) #2

This sounds like some sort of bug, whats the exact repro steps?

On TDWTF, after scrolling down to the end of a topic, I can simply pop open someone’s user card and click on one of their badges. It doesn’t seem to repro on here, so maybe it’s been fixed already.

I first noticed it when I’d be reading around and notice that someone flagged something and clicked on the red bubble to go to look at the flag. Figured out the user card badge repro today.

(Sam Saffron) #4

Well, actually … here is is much worse, when you click on a name at the bottom of the topic it is scrolling you all the way to the top.

(Sam Saffron) #5

FWIW I fixed this:

I wonder if its the same issue you were having? should I close?

cc @eviltrout

(Kane York) #6

There’s also something causing the page to have all that whitespace at the bottom. And I guess some more pages could use a Discourse.ScrollTop too.

(Régis Hanol) #7

On which page do you see the whitespace?