New demo set up question/s

(Barbara Kerr) #1

My demo sub-domain was just set up. I am trying to do the first sign on. It seems that because I am already signed into meta.discourse.org the system won’t let me use my regular email…because it “has already been taken” … by me. While I suppose I can use a secondary, personal email for the trial, that’s a bit of a hassle. Moreover, once the trial is over, I would still want my business email to be the active one for using discourse. Solution? Thx.

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

Try to do forgot password with your preferred address.

(Neil Lalonde) #3

(Neil Lalonde) #4

Hi Barbara,

Did you get an email with the subject “Your Discourse account at ndews.trydiscourse.com is ready”? It should have a link to activate your account. Check your spam folder too.

(Barbara Kerr) #5

Yes, I received the email and link. Thx.

I am testing @pfaffman 's suggestion. I hope it works and doesn’t blow up my access here. Standby for an update.

(Neil Lalonde) #6

(Neil Lalonde) #7

Your account on meta has no effect on your trial site. I can see that you didn’t click the link which is associated with the email you signed up with (a .edu one). I don’t follow what you’re trying to do.

(Jay Pfaffman) #8

This site is separate from every other Discourse in the universe. Accounts here are not connected with any other Discourse accounts. Fear not.

(Barbara Kerr) #9

It looks like I’m in. Thanks @neil. I am going through the initial 13 steps now.

@pfaffman When I entered my address, the system said it was already taken. I know other systems like Convio only allow single addresses system-wide, hence my initial question. No fear.