New email templates not used -- Mail still sent in old template

(Stephen Chung) #1

I am pretty sure I changed the texts (via Settings/Customize/Email Templates) of the Email Reject Topic Not Found email.

However, email rejections continue to be sent in the old template format (which I can’t even find any more in the UI).

Are the email templates hard-coded?

(Neil Lalonde) #2

The email templates aren’t hard-coded. Customized text should be used. Are you sure you edited them? If you can go to the rails console, see what this returns:

I18n.t('system_messages.email_reject_topic_not_found.text_body_template')

(Stephen Chung) #3

It returns the NEW template.

So why is the old template used? And the Email Rejected logs will also show the old template in the “Return Email” field.

(Neil Lalonde) #4

I just tried replying to a deleted topic by email and got the email_reject_unrecognized_error email instead of email_reject_topic_not_found.

The email logs show “undefined method `topic’ for nil:NilClass”. Are you sure you’re getting the “topic_not_found” one?

(Stephen Chung) #5

You only get the topic_not_found when you reply to a topic by email but you don’t have authority to post in that category.

That’s in addition to the actual topic not being found, of course.

(Gerhard Schlager) #6

Are you saying the email template is missing in Settings/Customize/Email Templates? :thinking:

Maybe sidekiq didn’t get the message that the email template changed? I’ll look into it.

That sounds like a bug to me. Could be related to my recent changes… not sure yet.

(Stephen Chung) #8

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear. The Email Reject Topic Not Found texts shown by the UI is the NEW texts. I can no longer find the OLD default texts in the UI.

However, emails kept being sent out in the OLD texts.