New topic glitchy on iPhone

Getting the following odd behaviour when opening the composer. Resolved by tapping again on it, but very off-putting:

Defniitely see this as well, on my iPhone X.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Sorry, I am not following the video. What exactly are you reporting, and can you repro it here or on try?

iPhone X, Safari.

Tap “New Topic”

Composer appears without header visible, with cursor positioned halfway down the text box. Typing any text causes the cursor to move but no text is shown.

Tapping on the text box restores normal behaviour.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

OK, I’ve edited your post to make it clearer what it is you’re reporting; I can repro this @awesomerobot

(David Taylor) #6

I can reproduce exactly the same thing using meta in safari on iPhone 7 (latest iOS), so this isn’t limited to iPhone X.

(Sam Saffron) #7

It is related to focus, we can not give any element focus when clicking new topic

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #9

Should be fixed by:

@tgxworld it’s unclear to me what autofocus was trying to achieve, so I mostly revert this regression from your commit Sync editor and preview when preview is updated. · jjaffeux/discourse@5b965ab · GitHub I let you modify what your were trying to fix with it.

(Alan Tan) #11

Hmm there is a scenario where opening a composer with a draft loaded wouldn’t focus on the composer which I thought was weird.

@joffreyjaffeux, @tgxworld I can confirm the fix worked for me. Thanks!

(Jeff Atwood) #13

Yes but mobile has to be super careful about setting focus because it will pop keyboard and take up 50% of the screen in doing so, shifting everything around. Every time you set focus, think “What happens in this scenario on mobile?”

(Jeff Atwood) #14