New topic via email - confirmation

(Paul Apostolos) #1

We have implemented the new topic via email functionality and it works great.

Is there any way to send a confirmation to the user that their message was received and a topic was created?

(Sam Saffron) #2

Not yet, won’t this get super noisy? In general mailing lists do not do that.

If you enable mailing list mode you will get emails back for every post made, including the one you just posted (so it sort of already works)

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #3

I find that most users wish to see their own posts to a list… so I would lean towards less of a confirmation, and more the fact that people should be able to opt to get emails of their own posts in general.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

I think a generalized scheme of “post approval queue” makes more sense. Has been discussed here a bunch of times in other topics. Will take us a while to get to that though.

I would like to know if there is a way for the users to know if the topic is created successfully or not, when they create the topic via email? Is there a setting that can be enabled?

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #6

I am not aware of such a setting. Unless something goes really, really wrong users will get an email if their topic fails to be created. Sending a confirmation email that a topic was created successfully via email would likely need to be a plugin.