New user card design has background duplicated

(Ryan) #1

I just tried out the new user cards (which are awesome by the way), I noticed something weird when I brought the card back into view.

Here is the card when I click on it for the first time:

And then when I click somewhere else and then back onto it, the background is duplicated and screwed up:

This can be done as many times as you feel like, to emphasis my point:

Yeah…

Anyways, just a heads up, if you need any more information I’ll be glad to provide it :smile:

(Kris) #2

Weeeeird. Are you able to replicate it consistently? I’m not seeing it on my end.

edit: ohh, I see. If I click a user’s avatar on a post and then click the same user’s avatar on another post it causes this

(cpradio) #3

I can repro on Chrome v38 on Windows.

Here are the steps:

1. Go to New user cards and user profile page design deployed
  2. Click on codinghorror’s name to popup his card (single click – very important)
  3. now double click (very important) on his username – user card just doubled in size
  4. single click on his username – it grew larger

Keep doing step 4 to make it keep growing.

Just discovered I can do it without double clicking too.

1. Go to New user cards and user profile page design deployed
  2. Click on codinghorror’s name to popup his card (single click – very important)
  3. With the popup still open, click on codinghorror’s name (which closes the popup)
  4. Single click on his username – it grew larger

(TechnoBear) #4

I can repro on Firefox 33 on Ubuntu Gnome.

Once the card has “grown”, clicking elsewhere to close the card, then clicking on the name to open it again opens the “enlarged” version again.

Edit: It even works for folk who have no background image set:

And if, after expanding @cpradio’s card like that, I then close it and click (just once) on my own username, my card opens with the background expanded.

Edited version appears everywhere but in original post
(Kris) #5

Figured this out, just misplaced a handlebar expression so the div card-content gets duplicated under some circumstances.

Fix will come today.

(Kris) #6

All fixed now.

:bug: :gun:

(Jeff Atwood) #7