New user's posts being deleted with (apparently) no information about why

akismet

(Huon Wilson) #1

Over at users.rust-lang.org we have a user who has had all their posts deleted by the system user as soon as they post them. For example, Parsing iterator over a file - The Rust Programming Language Forum (still deleted) and File reading iterator - The Rust Programming Language Forum (manually undeleted). I’ve undeleted the posts that are meant to be undeleted (the first example is superseded by the second).

I cannot see any information about why this is happening; the user’s account doesn’t appear to have any strange settings/flags in the admin panel, and both the logs & post just display that system deleted the topic, with no info about why. (Of course, I may be looking in the wrong place.)

It would be great if:

• this user wasn’t having their posts deleted
  • discourse gave us more info about why it decides to delete things (or made it more easily accessible if it already exists)

Thanks.

(Sam Saffron) #2

This is akismet gone amok see:

http://users.rust-lang.org/admin/plugins/akismet

mark them all as not spam to teach it to stop with this, once we get the latests build out (later today) you will see a big red circle when akismet does any detection just like you see for flags.

akismet kicks out at TL0, I think this is just a huge outlier condition usually akismet is way better.

(Dan Bruntousky) #3

This is a very good bug you found.

:sunglasses:

(Huon Wilson) #4

Great, thanks for the quick response.

(Kane York) #5

I believe there’s a site setting to disable askimet, so if it continues to be a problem you can just shut it off and rely on humans hitting the flag button :slight_smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Sorry about that – we were definitely aware of the issue, that Akismet queue was not very visible – and @eviltrout had just completed a visibility change yesterday, Wednesday. We will get this version out to you asap.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

We now send a PM to users when Akismet deletes their posts.