No discussion visible under topic after upgrade

I upgraded from 2.2beta6 to 2.2beta9 and no longer see discussions under topics.

I am in the process of disabling plugins, hoping the problem is related to compatibility, but I do need some of the plugins.

What is the best way to roll back from the “latest” on master to a specific older version?

Thanks

You can’t roll back. You need to disable all third party plugins and determine which one is broken.

3 Likes

Its unfortunate about the lack of rollback. I’ll be more careful in taking backups before upgrades in future.

I eventually disabled enough plugins that it came good. I’m now enabling the most critical ones and so far so good.

For future reference, can plugins put anything in the database which might make discourse inoperable when the plugin is later disabled?

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve had a very few users complain of the same on one site that I manage. It seems to be only with some browsers though. If love to figure out what’s causing it.

For you it was all browsers?

It was on Chrome
Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
and
Version 72.0.3626.71 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

We don’t support anything else. If a user complains about Firefox or IE not working, we usually just remind them to use Chrome. If it stops working on chrome, I usually have a bad day. One of the reasons I like to run the beta so I’m forewarned when changes break things.

You only need to be cautious about upgrades if you use a lot of third party plugins. And some plugins are better than others in this regard…

2 Likes

Did you figure out which plugin it was?

I didn’t. Once it was working I needed to hand it back. I have a snapshot I can test with. I’ll let you know the results.

1 Like