No page title in Chrome's "Most Visited" area

(swanson) #1

Screenshot:

Chrome Version 28.0.1500.95 m
Windows 7

The RubyRogues Parley site does not display a page title in Chrome’s “Most Visited” area (one of the options for what shows in a blank tab). Not sure if there is someone on Discourse’s end that can be done to fix this.

(Bill Ayakatubby) #2

Meta.D displays the same behavior.

(Brentley Jones) #3

Same here on my site.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Is your site private or public? I suspect this has to do with private sites somehow since bbs shows up fine for me in Chrome on the new tab page:

Still even in incognito mode the title is there when I view source on

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title>RubyRogues Parley</title>

But it is a redirect to /login so I’m not sure if that matters.

(Brentley Jones) #5

Public. Today they domain name like you have shown, but like what @BhaelOchon said, even Meta Discourse didn’t have it shown, only a “.”.

(Bill Ayakatubby) #6

Here’s my New Tab page for posterity:

(Sam Saffron) #7

I agree something is bust, do we have a clear repro?

(Jeff Atwood) #8

John Denver? Shoo Fly Pie? Dead drops? Munchkins and Lube? Dare I ask what exactly is going on over there?

(Bill Ayakatubby) #9

Isn’t it obvious? I’m trying to come up with the next goatse/tubgirl/2 girls 1 cup.

(swanson) #10

I am not sure if a fix was deployed or if the problem is just intermittent/random, but the title is now showing properly on my end.

(Kane York) #11

This is still a recurring issue for me:

Maybe some javascript is setting the title to ., after which Chrome captures it, then the title is set to the correct one, which is ignored? Time to go source diving, I suppose.

(Jeff Atwood) #12

Pretty sure this is working now.

(Jeff Atwood) #13

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.