I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but it feels like unwanted behavior to me.
We had the following scenario take place:
- User A posted a topic
- User B who is subscribed to that category, opened the topic in a new tab and let it sit there
- Moderator 1 unlisted User A’s topic
- User B eventually clicks on the new tab and reads the topic (sees it is unlisted, etc.) and posts a reply.
- User A posts in the topic, User B gets a notification of the reply
Now I know there isn’t anything we can do to stop User B from seeing the topic in this regard, and I’m fine with that. What is odd is the topic is unlisted but User B continues to get notifications while it is unlisted. That seems odd to me, but it may be by design.
Things that may be important
- User A is TL 0
- User B is TL 3
- Moderator 1 and 2 are both TL 3+
I’m not overly concerned with this issue, but it kind of caught all of the Staff by surprise when User B started posting an in unlisted topic and repeat posting as part of the conversation.