Notification bubbles on avatar at top-right of screen

(Blu McCormick) #1

Can anyone tell me or link me to a description of what the notification bubbles (broken down by color of bubbles) tell you? ie. Each color-coded notification bubble is telling you there is a certain number of X waiting to be read by you. What are they?

Also, how is the number count cleared? By reading (clicking on) the items you are being notified about?

Thanks.

(RĂ©gis Hanol) #2

Have you tried hovering over the bubbles and reading the description?

(Blu McCormick) #3

Nothing comes up when I hover with my mouse over the bubbles. What does it say when you hover over the bubbles @zogstrip?

(Sam Saffron) #4

Interesting, what web browser are you using?

(Blu McCormick) #5

Chrome, @sam . I will try right now to use other browsers and add my findings to this post.

No description comes up when I hover over the bubble in Safari.

Here is a snapshot of what I hover over to make sure we are on the same page:

54%20AM

Ok, this is weird. No matter how much I hover can’t get it to come up then randomly a description came up when taking a snap shot of the avatar, but after taking the snapshot can’t get it to come up again.

I do have pop up blockers for ads on. Would that affect this function?

(Blu McCormick) #6

Regardless of if I can get it to work for me, I will explain to people in the forum that the bubbles tell you there is new activity, that if you hover over this bubble it tells you what the notification is about and you can also click on the avatar and read the drop-down menu for latest notifications.

Could you tell me what the color-codes mean for the notifications @sam ? Thanks.

(Daniela) #7

Basically:

• Green bubble: unread private messages
  • Blue babble: unseen notifications

If you click on your avatar you can see all those notifications in details

Your unread/unseen notifications will be with a colored background.

If you move the mouse over the icons (or the bubble) you should see other informations.
I can’t repro the issue you described on Chrome so I think it could actually be a problem with your ad-blocker or some other extension you’re using.