Official Discourse Advertising Plugin not showing adsense ads

(Mauro) #1

I have Discourse setup locally to test and learn, and I’ve been trying to get Official Discourse Advertising Plugin working. The problem is that adding Google Adsense ads will not appear. I tried Amazon ads and it works ok.

Any ideas, what could be happening? I’m running Discourse v1.6.4 +1 and the version 1.0.2 of Official Discourse Advertising Plugin.

FYI: The ad is good and in working conditions. Also, I work designing websites locally on my computer and I never had issues with Adsense loading ads even though it’s not a server on the internet.

Also, does anyone here has a Discourse forum currently running with Adsense? I would like to check that it actually works. Thanks,

(Celil Çağlar ÖzlÜ) #2

it’s same in my forum. desktop and mobile adsense ads are not showing at top. https://medikalbulut.org/

how can I solve it?

(Neil Lalonde) #3

By inspecting the requests on your site, status 400 (bad request) is coming from AdSense, and means you need to wait until Adsense approves your new ad units or has some ads to show. It’s hard to say why Adsense is rejecting the request.

(Bhanu Sharma) #4

Adsense sometimes does that if the domain is not approved or enrolled for adsense.

(Neil Lalonde) #5

Well yeah, it will always return 400 if it’s not approved or enrolled.

(Celil Çağlar ÖzlÜ) #6

thank you. but domain is approved and the other ads showing on page at bottom etc. just at at top there is a problem that I cant solve. when I use unofficial plugin for ads it shows the ad at top.

(Neil Lalonde) #7

I think you’ll need help from AdSense then. I don’t know what other reasons will cause the 400 errors.

(Celil Çağlar ÖzlÜ) #8

how can you check the status 400 for that ads?

(Neil Lalonde) #9

I looked at the JavaScript error console in my browser to see the 400 error messages on your site.