One click install on DO?

(DjCyry) #1

Hello ,
Anyone have used the “one click install” of digitalocean ?
I want to know if i am using it : email , dns , domain etc is pre-configured / one click?
Or i need to install-configured manually . Thanks :smiley:

(Joe Buhlig) #2

I run two of these. I just followed their instructions for the setup:

It was really simple. I already had a domain name and Mandrill account that I used during the setup. I would recommend having those two pieces ahead of time as the one-click doesn’t handle those pieces. It’s one-click, not all-in-one.

(DjCyry) #3

How have you confirm the domain for Mandrill ? Previously on droplet panel / options ?

(Joe Buhlig) #4

You do that from the Mandrill setup. If you’re setting up a new email server take a look at these two threads:

(DjCyry) #5

Ok , i just asking because i have try it (mandrill) few hours ago and didnt work . I dont know the right way to activate that domain on mandrill panel and droplet domain . :frowning:

(Jay Pfaffman) #6

Looks like that droplet is $20/month. With a bit more fussing you can install on a $10/month droplet, but given that people are willing to pay $100 for a one-time install, the one-click solution may be what you want if you just want to try things out for a month.

(DjCyry) #7

No , i want to use it in production - new community but i have the emails problem
and i dont know how to fix it , just that problem .

(Joe Buhlig) #8

Inside Mandrill, you do the domain setup at Settings > Domains > Sending Domains. They have instructions on that screen for setting up the DKIM and SPF records.

(DjCyry) #9

I have made it with mailgun in 2 minutes and its working .
Now , the default NS of DO are ns1/ns2/ns3.digitalocean.com
i have change them 8 hours ago on my register domain and still
not working , it may take more than 24 hours ? thanks .

(Jeff Wong) #10

I’ve had issues with DO name servers. Route 53 is a very good option, for on the cheap but reliable name servers.

DO name servers does not do any domain validation so anyone can inject some good old cache poisoning, at least that’s what my experience was with it.

TL;DR do not use DO for DNS.