Option in category setting not found

Hi,

I have a self hosted Bitnami Discourse instance hosted on GCP. Its brand new and i’m also brand new to Discourse, so please bear with me :slight_smile:

I have added the voting plugin (GitHub - discourse/discourse-voting: Adds the ability for voting on a topic within a specified category in Discourse.) and this is the only plugin i have installed and enabled. After cloning the repo in the correct location, i restarted the whole instance with the expectancy to see this new option inside of the category settings (Allow users to vote on topics in this category). But i cannot see the option available on an existing or new category.

Can anyone advise if they have seen this issue and how they resolved it please?

Thanks

1 Like

First check admin/site_settings/category/plugins?filter=voting, as that will show if it is installed.

I add plugins by adding the repo link to the config and then rebuilding the site. I wouldn’t describe the process as you have, so maybe you’ve done it differently. Have a refresh:

1 Like

The bitnami install isn’t supported and may have several incompatibilities, specially when dealing with plugins.

I recommend backing up your data and spinning another server, this time following the official install docs.

7 Likes

Thanks for the advice. When restoring the backup, i am assuming that all settings/users/themes etc will be as they are now?

2 Likes