Option to defer email notifications

Hi,

I am pretty sure I once saw an option somewhere in the admin settings that allows me to defer email notifications if a user is still online. I think it’s turned on by default, e.g. the forum won’t send out emails about new replies/posts if the user is still online. I can’t find that anymore. I am probably blind. Or there are just too many option. Either way, help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

If you search for “email” in settings you might find email time window mins.

Thanks, but that’s not exactly the one I was looking for.

Wait (n) minutes before sending any notification emails, to give users a chance to edit and finalize their posts.

I was rather looking for the option that prevents any email notifications to be sent while a user is online, actively using the forum.

(Jay Pfaffman) #4

I’m pretty sure this is what you’re looking for. This sets the site-wide time window for those emails.

There is a user setting “Send me email notifications even when I am active on the site” in the email section of user settings.

If you search for ‘default’ you might find “default email always”. This will change this setting for new users, not those who might have decided that they don’t want that setting changed. To change it for all them them, you can search here for something like “change all user settings” for some examples.

(Christoph) #5

Do you mean this user setting?

Yay @tophee, that was exactly what I was looking for, thank you. For some reason I assumed this setting is in the admin settings, not in user settings.

Thanks! To you too, @pfaffman