Original author avatar still appears after changing post ownership - part 2

(Steve Combs) #1

Continuing the discussion from Original author avatar still appears after changing post ownership:

I believe there is still an issue with the original poster avatar showing up as follows:

1. In the mobile view of Category (as the sole user)
  2. In the mobile view of Latest (as the sole user)
  3. In the desktop view of Category (as one of the users contributing to the topic)
  4. In the desktop view of Latest (as one of the users contributing to the topic)

My current scenario is for a newsletter. An editor might set up a series of articles and then assign the author of the article as the owner. I tried editing the topic with another user to see if that would fix 1 and 2. These are for topics that don’t have replies which would be common for about articles, documentation, etc.

1 and 2 are the biggest priority since it’s odd to have an editor avatar showing up in those mobile views.

A workaround could be to repost another topic as the author (or have the author reply to the topic?) but would like to avoid that if possible. Thanks.

(Steve Combs) #2

Continuing the discussion from Last post doesn't show correct owner if the owner has been changed:

Hopefully this recent fix works when there is only an original post (with no replies) and in the various views. Thanks.

(Steve Combs) #3

The original author avatar works now including for the below [quote=“scombs, post:1, topic:39977”]
In the mobile view of Category (as the sole user)
In the mobile view of Latest (as the sole user)
In the desktop view of Category (as one of the users contributing to the topic)
In the desktop view of Latest (as one of the users contributing to the topic)
[/quote]

For old posts, it appears you have to edit the post to change the author to some other user, then change it back to the original intended user. Works fine in all views. Thanks.