Out-migration from Communiteq?

I’m considering signing up for a site on Communiteq (formerly DiscourseHosting), just wondered if anyone knew about how to migrate away from it. (I’m not planning on it, but just want to know what I’d be getting into if I did.) Is it just a matter of getting a docker image + moving to an appropriate host? or is it more a matter of fidgeting with database + filesystem dumps?

I have no way of answering Communiteq (formerly DiscourseHosting) questions they are not affiliated with us, however for our hosting we do nothing to disable the built-in export/import … I doubt anyone hosting would disable this feature.

however for our hosting we do nothing to disable the built-in export/import

oh, so admin panel offers an import / export feature to/from some blob I can download/upload on my PC? (including file attachments?) That sounds pretty easy.

(e.g. 1. shutdown new posts on site A, 2. export to blob, download from site A, 3. startup new discourse instance on site B, 4. import from blob )

4 Likes

Yes, this has been the case for about a year now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm. Another question: aside from the export/import, what kind of settings/configuration info is typically altered by Discourse admins?