[Paid] Load Testing of a new Discourse site [STILL AVAILABLE]

What would you like done?

How many users can I handle before my Discourse breaks right now?

Simulate real world usage, ideally that would be:

• Scripted so that I can repeat this test whenever we fix a bottleneck
  • Create of thousands of users, and using their accounts to access the site, create topics, create replies, read replies
  • Include anonymous users, 85% of all traffic should simulate anonymous users

Our last site (managed by an outside group on vBulletin) was able to handle 500,000 users at peak. We do big announcements and traffic peaks at that time.

I’ve seen Simon Wu’s post on Load Testing and done some tests with ab and wrk but these don’t really simulate real traffic.

Would like to work with someone that’s professionally done some load testing. You don’t know what you don’t know. Somebody that’s been through some big fires and seen discourse crash badly would be very helpful for me.

Where should the load testing be run from?
What difference would 1 box vs 100 different boxes make?
Site is using Fastly Site Shield, they handle the SSL. Two instances of containers/web_only, one instance of containers/data.
Is there some way that Fastly Site Shield could allow serving the site read only even if the server’s are overwhelmed?

When do you need it done?

Next week or two.

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?

Few hundred to low thousands. Depends on how close your proposed solution is to the ideal asked for, and what kind of real world load testing / load simulation experience you bring to the table.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.